It’s finally here! The weekend we’ve all been waiting for. On March 17th, it’s time to get out your green gear because everybody’s a little Irish. But where will you eat, drink or jig if you’re in the Niagara Region? The locals have spoken and here are the top pubs you need to be drinking yourself green at this St. Patrick’s Day.
1. Doc Magilligan’s – 6400 Lundy’s Lane, Niagara Falls
This local gem is going to be packed this weekend, perfect for those of you looking to make new friends. With promises of the sweet sounds of live music and gallons of the sweet taste of the Irish classic Guinness on tap, Saint Patrick would be proud.
2. The Feathery Pub – 420 Vansickle Road, St. Catharines
Drinking, singing, dancing, laughing, feasting, drinking some more. The party goes on all weekend long at The Feathery featuring traditional Irish Food, dancers, Bruce Andrews Band, prizes and of course green beer.
3. Olde Angel Inn – 224 Regent St., Niagara-on-the-Lake
Located in historic Niagara-on-the-Lake and established in 1789, this pub is a fave amongst locals and visitors alike. Although an English pub, there is no shortage of Irish spirit! The celebration starts on St. Patrick’s Day Eve with a live dj and continues the next day with The Postmen providing live entertainment.
4. Ye Olde Squire – 800 Niagara St., Welland
What better way to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day than with Cheddar and Guinness soup, shamrock salad & corned beef cabbage dinner. Wait, let’s add lamb guinness stew and to finish off for desert Bailey’s Irish Cream cheesecake! With fiddlers, Irish music, prizes and give-aways this is the place to let your Gaelic side out at.
5. The Irish Harp – 245 King St., Niagara-on-the-Lake
The quintessential quaint Irish pub, this local gem is going to be packed this weekend. With 23 different beers on tap, live entertainment featuring Fiddlin’ Around, O’Deadlys and Finnegan’s Wake get ready for a non-stop party. This place fills up fast so make your way to the Irish Harp early.
Finally, here are a few tips to keep in mind before heading out for a wee bit o’Ireland:
- Go green! Dig out every last bit of green clothing you own. This is standard protocol for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Try an Irish car bomb;
- Turn the whole bar into one big Irish karaoke session;
- Never EVER ask what’s under the kilt. Ever!
- DON’T DRINK & DRIVE